The port has modest facilities dating from the nineteenth century.
The main infrastructures are riverside docks and townhouses that are intended for recreational craft and fishing fleet.
The natural port has a large area for anchoring in the vicinity of the dock.
Currently the Port of Fornells has 115 moorings managed directly by the Ente Ports de les Illes Balears and 100 moorings managed by the Club Nautico de Fornells.
- AddressPlaça des Forn s / n 07748 Mercadal, Menorca
- CategoryPorts, Sea Schools
- LocationMenorca, Port de Fornells
- Tagsanchoring, Club Nautico de Fornells, dock, Ente Ports de les Illes Balears, fishing fleet, moorings, natural port, nineteenth century, Port de Fornells, Port Fornells, Port Menorca, Ports Menorca, recreational craft, riverside docks, townhouses
- Mon8 am - 9 pm in season 9 am to 6 pm off season
- Tue8 am - 9 pm in season 9 am to 6 pm off season
- Wed8 am - 9 pm in season 9 am to 6 pm off season
- Thur8 am - 9 pm in season 9 am to 6 pm off season
- Fri8 am - 9 pm in season 9 am to 6 pm off season
|Max. Length||15 Metres|
|Number of Moorings||115 + 145|
|Buoys||Available in the area||Sell Ice||No|
|Showers||Yes||Seamanship||8 a.m. to 3 p.m. off season and 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. in season|
|Ramp||Yes||Fuel Station||June to September 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. July to August 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.|
|Gym / Spa||No||Parking||Yes|
|Laundry||Private, 200m. from the port||Accepts Credit Card||Yes|
|Fire Extinguishers||Yes||Sea School||Yes (CN Fornells)|
|Quay Waiting||No||Social Club||No|
|Wi – Fi||No||Club Restaurant||No|
In order to qualify as having a service:
It is not necessarily the port who is an owner of a Travelift or a crane, but they must at least have access to one.
We consider they have access to supermarkets if they are less than 10 minutes from the port / hospitals and primary care centres if they are less than 15 minutes from the port.
We consider they can offer diving services if they are able to order one.