The Port of Ciutadella located on the island of Menorca is one of the historic ports of the Balearic Islands. Traffic is recorded all the way back to the Middle Ages, when Ciutadella was the capital of the island. This was at the time of the Crown of Aragon. However, the port’s structure wasn’t how we know it today until the mid-nineteenth century.
In 1929 the port was widened because its narrowness limited the size and length of the vessels that could enter it. The work was completed 30 years later in 1962. By this time the widening and other important works such as access ramp and slipway are what brought the port’s to it’s current capacity but there are constant improvements being made.
The port was initially for commercial traffic and fishing. But in recent decades it has experienced a boom in pleasure boats occupying the moorings.
The direct management part has 147 moorings and in addition there are 55 moorings from Club Nautico Ciutadella.
- AddressC / commercial Moll s / n 07760 Ciutadella
- CategoryPorts, Sea Schools
- LocationMenorca, Port of Ciutadella
- Tags1929, 1962, access ramp, Balearic Islands, Club Nautico Ciutadella, commercial traffic, Crown of Aragon, fishing, historic ports, Menorca, mid-nineteenth century, middle ages, moorings, pleasure boats, Port Ciutadella, Port de Ciutadella, Port Majorca, Port Mallorca, Ports Majorca, Ports Mallorca, slipway, vessels
- Mon8 am - 9 pm in season 9 am to 6 pm off season
- Tue8 am - 9 pm in season 9 am to 6 pm off season
- Wed8 am - 9 pm in season 9 am to 6 pm off season
- Thur8 am - 9 pm in season 9 am to 6 pm off season
- Fri8 am - 9 pm in season 9 am to 6 pm off season
|Max. Length||12 Metres|
|Number of Moorings||220|
|Showers||Yes||8 a.m. to 6 p.m. off season and 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. in season||Yes|
|Gym / Spa||No||Parking||Yes|
|Laundry||Yes||Accepts Credit Card||Yes|
|Fire Extinguishers||Yes||Sea School||Yes (CN Ciutadella)|
|Travelift||50 TON||Dry Dock||No|
|Quay Waiting||No||Social Club||Yes (CN Ciutadella)|
|Wi – Fi||No||Club Restaurant||Yes|
In order to qualify as having a service:
It is not necessarily the port who is an owner of a Travelift or a crane, but they must at least have access to one.
We consider they have access to supermarkets if they are less than 10 minutes from the port / hospitals and primary care centres if they are less than 15 minutes from the port.
We consider they can offer diving services if they are able to order one.